Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The skin is finally back on!


I really really wanted to keep the original skin. I love the vintage, shabby look. I would not at all like new shiny panels. This task took the longest and was by far the most difficult so far. I'm convinced the original trailer was not perfectly squared up. It is now, believe me I've checked it 20 times. I left the skin laying and did not change the edge crimp at all, yet the top and front and back panels would not line up at the end. I ended up having to flatten out the panels and recrimp the edges. It was like rolling up a nylon sleeping bag. You start at one side and by the time you are near the end it is all wacked out.

2 comments:

  1. Mitch,
    Did I read that you're in Utah and you have a Lil Loafer project? If that's correct, can you contact me? I'm at cogrady@xmission.com.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, Oregon. I do have a lil loafer though.

    ReplyDelete